Texas Ft. Worth Mission

Monday, August 8, 2016

1st P-day Letter

July 28, 2016

Dear Family(and Friends):

Today is finally P-Day! Im so happy I finally get to write home! So today marks the end of my first week and the beginning of my 2nd week here at the MTC. Let me start off by saying that I love you guys so much and that I miss you all so much. This first week has been one of the longest but also one of the shortest weeks of my life. It feels like I got here yesterday but at the same time it feels like I've been here for months. Time moves differently in the MTC. Someone said that the weeks feel like days and the days feel like weeks and that is a pretty accurate description. The MTC is a very unique place. It will make you feel overwhelmed, peaceful, stressed, excited, tired, ready to leave, and wanting to stay. It has been tough getting in the routine of the MTC but I can semi-confidently say that I think I've got the hang of it now. The first few days was like drinking out of a fire hydrant and I can barely remember what happened honestly it was kind of a blur. I got my assigned my companion Elder Bodine. He is from Denver, CO and he is pretty cool. I also got assigned to my district 37F and it's weird how fast we all became good friends. We have 3 other companionships of Elders and a trio of Sisters in our district. There is Elder McCan and Elder Dertina(our district leader), Elder Jeffs and Elder White, Elder Norris and Elder Laris, and then Sister Green, Sister Robertson and Sister Christianson. We got our teachers Sister Allen and Sister Sheppard(She is from England) and they are probably some of the nicest people you'll ever meet. We see our district and teachers a lot because we are pretty much in the classroom all day except for when we eat and are teaching other people which is still kind of rough but I'm getting used to it. The best advice we got in our first few days was "Just make it till Sunday and after that it gets a lot easier!" and it was so true. Sunday was probably one of the best days aside from today of course. We got to sing in a Choir of 1400 missionaries with the Nashville Tribute Band which was awesome they were also the devotional for Sunday night. We went to church which was a nice change of pace. We also got to go on a Temple Walk which was awesome and really relaxing. Then we watched a talk by Elder Bednar on the Character of Christ which was absolutely amazing. Ever since Sunday the time has been flying by. Tuesday this week we had another devotional from Elder Condie he is a former member of the 70. I guess General Authorities get July "off" or something like that. But I heard that the week before we got here Elder Bednar came which is super cool and I hope he makes another appearance before I leave! Another thing that started this week was TRC (Training Resource Center) and that is basically where we teach "investigators". We are told that some are real and some aren't but it is hard to tell. This week we have been teaching Bryce and he is a college student at UVU and then Rod(Rodrigo) and he is from Chile. Rodrigo has been really interested in what we have been teaching and yesterday he told us that he really believes the stuff we have been teaching and that it makes sense and that he liked how he felt that the Atonement was for him as an individual which is a great feeling. Bryce has been harder to teach but we felt like we had made some good progress yesterday but unfortunately that was our last day teaching him. The MTC is overall a really great place and it is an awesome place to feel and learn by the Spirit. Then that leads us up to today which has been the best day so far in the MTC. P-DAY!!!! We got to do endowments in the Provo temple this morning and I get to Email home! So that is pretty much a summary of the last week and how it went.
Now for some miscellaneous items to talk about. The Food: The food is pretty good! Some days are better than others though! Free Time: Don't really have any haha (But for real though). Pictures: I need an SD card reader and I don't know how soon I will be able to get one but hopefully it wont be too long and maybe I can borrow someone else's plus no one really knows how to send pictures anyways haha.

Miracle of the Week: I've learned that everything revolves around Christ and that everything we teach is about Christ in some way shape or form. I've really strengthened my testimony about Christ and his atonement this week especially seeing how it affects other people (Rodrigo). I know that Christ is our savior and redeemer and that he died for not only our sins but for our pains and afflictions as well (Alma 7:11-13). The Atonement has amazing powers to free, heal and strengthen us all. All we need to do is have faith to ask.

I love you all
-Beau (Elder Power)     

No comments:

Post a Comment