Texas Ft. Worth Mission

Monday, August 8, 2016

2nd Week at the MTC

August 4, 2016

Dear Family and Friends:

Well my second week here at the MTC is complete! It has honestly been one of the fastest weeks ever. There has been some crazy stuff going here! We had a devotional Tuesday night and the 2nd counsellor of the presiding bishopric came and talked about the "Character of Christ" which was really awesome it reminded me a lot of the Character of Christ talk that Elder Bednar gave. Then turns out the week before we came Elder Bednar was actually here at the MTC giving a talk and then the week after we leave Elder Holland is coming to give a talk so it sucks that I've missed/going to miss those talks. But all the devotionals we have had so far have been really good. Then one of my teachers(Sis. Sheppard) got "ran over" by a car as she told us but turns out that she got hit on her way home! She's okay and was still able to come teach us the next day but still crazy! Other than that there hasn't been anything to out of the ordinary going on here! Lots of class, lots of studying, and lots of teaching. Speaking of teaching we got 2 new TRC investigators! The first is Kayla she is from Alabama and a sophomore at BYU. Then the second is Austin and he is from Dallas and is down here for the summer for an internship. It has been really fun getting to know them and teaching them as well! But that's about all that's been going on this week. My district is great and we are becoming really close. Everything is going good with my companion as well. We leave early Tuesday morning for Texas so I'm excited for that! My time in the MTC is quickly coming to an end and I can already tell it will be a bittersweet moment when we all leave.

Miracle of the Week: 
We were teaching our new TRC investigator Kayla earlier this week and she had asked a question about why there aren't big miracles today like the ones found in the Bible(Moses parting the red sea, etc.). My companion and I didn't really know why but we told her that we would do a little research and see if we could figure it out before our next appointment and during my personal study the next day I found a scripture in the Book of Mormon that addressed her exact question. The answer was in Moroni 7: 27-29, 33-37. It was awesome to see her reaction to that and to be able to share that we had found an answer to her exact question in the Book of Mormon. That just testifies to me even more the truth of the Book of Mormon and that we can find answers to our questions in the scriptures. 

I love you guys all so much!
-Elder Power
Just in case you have forgotten what I look like...

No comments:

Post a Comment