Texas Ft. Worth Mission

Sunday, September 11, 2016

3rd Week in Texas!!!

August 29, 2016  12:39pm

Dear Family and Friends:

Well my 3rd week in Killeen is almost up and what a week it has been!
I'm slowly but surely starting to get to know my way around this
place! I'm also starting to finally get to know the people in the
wards we are over at least a few of them anyways! We cover two wards
and there a lot of people I'm trying to remember and who is in what
ward and all that good stuff but it is slowly coming along. I also had
the opportunity to speak in sacrament after some speakers couldn't
make it so I'm at least getting myself out there so people know me! I
spoke on a First Presidency Message by Gordon B. Hinckley called In
These Three I Believe from July of 2006. We also had to drive up to
Hewitt this week for Zone Conference which was fun but we used up a
lot of miles so we are being forced to used our last 30 miles of the
month very carefully. We also have had some good lessons with our
investigators this week which is always awesome. It's always to cool
to see something click with an investigator or when they are able to
really feel the spirit while we are teaching them or when they come to
church! We also had some more interesting lessons this week haha! Let
me just say that not all lessons go as well as others! We had a lesson
this week with an older man and he tried converting us to his church
with some anti-Mormon videos and other things so that was interesting
to say the least haha. Anyways long story short we won't be heading
back there for a while. But other than that things have been going
good here!

Miracle of the Week:
This week I had the opportunity to meet a sister in one of our wards
who had a brain aneurysm and lost her memory completely. She didn't
remember her family, who she was, or who her husband was. After she
had returned home from the hospital she saw a Book of Mormon in some
of her stuff. She looked at it and eventually made the decision to
keep going to church because she knew that before her incident there
was a reason she belonged to this church even though she didn't know
what that reason was. I think her story is one of the greatest
examples of faith I've seen. She had every reason to stop going to
church or to stop visiting with us but she didn't because she has that
faith that there is a reason she belongs to this church. Her story
reminds me a lot of a scripture in Ether 12:12 "For if there be no
faith among the children of men God can do no miracle among them;
wherefore, he showed not himself until after their faith".

-Elder Beau Power

No comments:

Post a Comment